So, a couple of weeks ago, I was volunteered by my husband to cook something for his company's Thanksgiving lunch. A pumpkin pie was still needed on the list, so I said "sign me up"! I have never made a pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving because I prefer Paula Deen's Buttery Pumpkin Gooey Cake. Which is very similar to pumpkin pie, just with a thick cakey crust. But, I figured that I could easily follow the recipe off the Libby's Pumpkin can. Sorry to disappoint those of you who would like a pie from SCRATCH (as in from an actual pumpkin). Maybe one day I will be able to conquer that. Until then, here is my first experience with a pumpkin pie. I am not sure how it tastes yet, as it's not lunch time at Coker Tire yet!Pumpkin Pie
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 9-in deep dish unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.

In a separate, larger bowl, beat eggs and stir in pumpkin.

Gradually mix in dry ingredients.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Once mixed well, pour into unbaked pie crust.It will be a little runny.

Bake for 15 minutes at 425-degrees.Then lower heat to 350-degrees and bake for 45-50 minutes.
You will know when its done if you can poke a knife in the middle and remove clean.

Allow to cool and refrigerate or serve!

No comments:
Post a Comment