
Cooking in your mother's kitchen is sometimes an awkward feeling. At least at first. In my case, it's hard to tell my mom that I know what I'm doing so let me do it! =) But cooking together is something I will be able to cherish for years. And hopefully as I get older, we will be able to do it more and more. Any maybe she will even trust me for once. =)
Chicken Noodle Casserole
3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
3 cups egg noodles, cooked, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup Ritz crackers crushed
1/4 cup butter melted
Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
Cook your chicken as you prefer. My mom always has some sort of QVC kitchen gadget, so we used her Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker.
Meanwhile, cook noodles until tender.
Mix your 2 cans of "cream of" soups into a large bowl, along with sour cream. We chose cream of mushroom and cream of chicken because that is what we had already. But I prefer the taste of cream of celery.
Once chicken is cooked, chop into bite size pieces and add to soup and sour cream mixture.
Once your noodles are cooked to desired tenderness, drain them and add to soup and chicken mixture.
Place noodle mixture into a deep dish 8x8 pan. (or you can use a larger pan if it looks too shallow)
Melt butter in a small bowl and add crushed Ritz crackers. Mix together.
Sprinkle crushed crackers on top of casserole.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
Bake for additional 5-8 minutes.
Serve, and enjoy!














No comments:
Post a Comment