Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snickerdoodles

Baking for other people is one of my favorite things to do. I am pretty sure people on the receiving end don't mind. After starting a new job last week, I got excited that I finally had fellow co-workers who would enjoy my treats. So tonight, I decided to try out Snickerdoodles. We'll find out tomorrow at work if they are a hit or not. They sure look good!

Snickerdoodles
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tblsp white sugar
2 tblsp cinnamon



Preheat oven 400-degrees

Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Blend in flour, cream of tarter, soda and salt.



Shape dough into round balls.



Mix 2 tblsp sugar and cinnamon.
Roll balls of dough in mixture.



Place on greased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
Bake 8-10 minutes.



Remove immediately from cookie sheets.



ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your detailed pictures. These are my favorite cookies EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete